Baby beardie being playful? Does he really cuddle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a new beardie mommy and love my little Rango. I love taking him out and having him around. I still am learning about their behavior. I notice Rango is pretty active when he's out of the tank but he's so small so we have to be super careful. At this age do they really like to be playful or are they looking for an escape route? I was working on my laptop and he totally was trying to get the screen for a bit then I feel like he got tired and then found a spot on my chest, did a little shimmy then went right to sleep. Is that their way of cuddling?

Mysty

Juvie Member
You haven't specified the age. Babies are quite often skittish and can of course hide in places around the home so its best to keep handling short and sweet.

Yeah, its normal for beardies to sit on your chest. It's nice and warm there.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
He's exploring and if his tail is curled up into air and he is showing his happy colours , he's having fun. IMO lizards do have a sense of fun (even wild ones , but more so pampered pets).

And yes , they do show affection - all mine do. One of their fav activities is snuggling into their mommy and daddy , and the little shimmy and butt wriggle is to get really cozy and close.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
beardedstone":1z2jueop said:
Thank you! He's about 5.5 inches long so I'm assuming just a couple months old? What do you think?

Depends on how well cared for he was before you bought him. Could be 3 months old if he had little or no UVB , poor inadequate feeding , inadequate heat. Some breeders are just money hungry a$heholes and sell the hatchling way too small and young. Many/ most pet shops are not much better and are clueless regarding bearded dragon husbandry or simply refuse to provide good care because it cuts into their profit margin and they regard the little hatchlings as disposable commodities.

I don't place much importance on lengths for lizards. How heavy in grams is he .

Puff was 8g at 6 weeks old
Rex was 7g at 6 weeks old
Peppa was 13.5g at 5 weeks old
Toothless was 11.2g at 5 weeks old.

beardedstone

Original Poster
Took Rango to the vet yesterday and they weighed him at only 6 grams :( He's tiny and not eating very well. I'm hoping that changes soon as they say he looks great, just small. They are doing a fecal test for parasites. If that's negative then not sure what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom