I think i made my bearded dragon mad at me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I havent taken mygirl outside lately because it has been rainy days or busy days for me. So today i decided to take her out, put on her harness, and we went outside. Her colir got really dark (which i have been told they do to obsorb the sun). Then she ate more grass than she normally did. When it was time to go in i reached down to pick her up (because i would rather not drag her). She flared her beard really big and opened her mouth really wide at me. I stopedand let her clam down and picked her up. When i put her back in her cage, she kept flarring her beard over and over while watching every move i made. Did i some how make her mad? Should i nit take her out again? Or shoukd i keep trying? P.s. she is fine now and back to normal color, and let me pet her like nothing ever happened.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes they see or hear things outside that put them on edge. They usually get over it quickly so it's good that she's back to normal now. I would still offer outside time but in limited amounts, watching her closely to see if she looks agitated and take her back in. Otherwise it may have just been an isolated incident.

Mysty

Juvie Member
They can get moody for various reasons and not always obvious what they might have seen, heard or smelt. That she has calmed down is the main thing. There's no reason not to coninue outings if she usually seems to enjoy it.

Aslagle914313

Original Poster
Ok thank you. She has never done anything like that before. And she was fine with us interacting with her and petting her while we were out but come to thing of it i usually pick her up before standing up, this time i was already standing up. Not sure if that has something to do with it but probably. I keep having to remind myself that something i subconsciously do or dont do may affect her. She is still kind of new being as we just got her in march. She is about 13-14 inches long so not sure how old she is, but she is still our little baby.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
My girl Simon used to puff when I'd pick her up outside. I figured I likely startled her with my shadow or something else to make her trigger into reaction mode to a predator. I noticed even when holding her outside, if I turned in a way that made a shadow cast on her she'd flare up in my hands but immediately settle down. She was jumpy.

I think your girl got spooked and just needed to settle down a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom