Hates me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So whenever I see videos and other forums when people talk about bonding with their dragon they say that you can just lay them down on your leg and stroke their back and they'll chill out and always fall asleep.But,whenever I take my beardie out she is always alert and doesn't relax.She doesn't get black beard but her pupils get small and when I stroke her she doesn't really relax and even when I stop petting her she's just,not right.HELP

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Hello, how long have you had your dragon? It takes a while for your beardie to get used to you. You have to remember, they are prey animals, and us picking them up can be a scary experience. Just holding them everyday for a few minutes will help bond.

Mysty

Juvie Member
In reality, their personalities vary even with a good bond. I have one of each - a dragon who will sit with you for the whole time (Steve) and one who runs off to explore and doesnt enjoy petting, he reacts exactly as you describe (Robert).

Persistence in handling,taking it slow and steady will mean you will get the occasional few mins of him sitting with you, but you will find ways of enjoying an inquisitive, alert dragon as much as one who likes snuggles.

Ways I have found of bonding with Robert are setting up little assault courses (will climb anything) and encouraging him to hunt live food outside the viv. He runs clear across the room with tongue out for his occssional treat of morio worms.

LouTheDragon

Original Poster
JessPets":1dwwaoc7 said:
Hello, how long have you had your dragon? It takes a while for your beardie to get used to you. You have to remember, they are prey animals, and us picking them up can be a scary experience. Just holding them everyday for a few minutes will help bond.

I've had her for about 2.5 months

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom