Blackbeard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rexandme

Hi all! My dragon just blackbearded and fluffed up for the first time. He's 5 months old and the dog came up behind him when I had him out basking by the front door. He fluffed up real big and turned black black black. I removed the dog and he calmed down after several minutes but I was unsure what to do. I wanted to pick him up but was scared he might bite me (although he's super sweet!). I also wasn't sure if I should let the dog stay bc I want them to be okay with one another. Any suggestions would be helpful. TIA!

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Keep the dog away from him, would be my suggestion. In the wild dragons are low on the food chain so, his basic instinct is to do exactly what he did, "make himself look bigger and dangerous"! Not letting the dog around him will cause him less stress and, make his life much happier!

jayce82

Juvie Member
kingofnobbys":wtnphc5a said:
jayce82":wtnphc5a said:
or you could start slowly introducing them to each other and let them be friends.

Bad idea.
why is that? my beardie and rat terrier don't mind each other one bit. gizmo will crawl over to the dog and snuggle right beside her and they will lay like that till I move gizmo to his tank.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
jayce82":2wrt662r said:
kingofnobbys":2wrt662r said:
jayce82":2wrt662r said:
or you could start slowly introducing them to each other and let them be friends.

Bad idea.
why is that? my beardie and rat terrier don't mind each other one bit. gizmo will crawl over to the dog and snuggle right beside her and they will lay like that till I move gizmo to his tank.

Your dog may be like that, your dragon may be like that, but you can't assume everyone's pets will get along like that.
My cat and dragon get along fine, but I wouldn't recommend everyone introduce their dragons and cats and expect to see the same results. It's best to err on the side of caution. :)

Elisa

I agree. My 15 yo terrier doesn’t care about my dragon either way. My 10 mth old pup thinks he’s a toy and I don’t trust him AT ALL around Potato. I won’t even take the chance to introduce them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom