Beardie bad dreams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minimum3

Hatchling Member
Phira just woke up, no lights on, no unusual sounds and started to freak out. I pulled him out of his house and built him his little blanket cave and he sleeping fine now, but he did hide under my neck like he does when he is scared. Is this a thing... I should be worried about.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Na, you made him feel safe, just like you would with a small child,....... "you rock" in his eyes.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I guess it is possible, after all they do sleep and, I'm sure their brains work very similarly to ours during sleep.....shutting down to rem sleep.
Probably dreaming about that ford truck and, the farmer or, Dr. O., lol!!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Lizards definitely dream , and they do have nightmares too.

I have seen this kind of thing with Lucky and Wriggles ( blind terror hours after the lights are out when they'd been sleeping soundly for ages) , both were rescues.
Both were absolutely terrified of the sound or sight of cats and dogs and large birds, and both were also very scared when the hairdrier or vacuum cleaner were on, or when the mower guy was here to do my lawns and edges (I'd have to get them out of their tubs and place them inside my shirt on my bare chest or tummy or on my shirt pocket to settle them down, I was told by the vet they considered me their safe-place.
Same with my BTS.

And I've seen it with all my beardies. More often it's legs or arms or tail twitching in their sleep or even what looks like little chewing motions .... guess what they are dreaming about ...:)

The same will be happening with your beardie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom