Bearded dragon question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sier

My bearded dragon is real white when his light is off and happy. But when it's time to turn his light on he goes really dark and gets grumpy. Why would he do this? What should I do?

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Greetings and welcome to the forum!
Bearded dragons will darken their color to better absorb the rays of the sun, or in this case, bulb. It can also be accompanied by flattening (pancaking!) to increase the surface area that can absorb this heat and waves.
As far as being grumpy, I'm unsure what s/hes all doing, but sometimes they just get moody :D

MisterD83

How long have you had the bearded dragon?

If it hasn't been but a week or two he or she can still be getting used to the new environment, causing the grumpy attitude. I have often heard, and not sure if its true still or not, that taping brown paper bags on all viewing sides of a dragon enclosure for a few weeks to a month help them to calm down, especially with just one person feeding and cleaning the enclosure as needed.

Just like people, bearded dragons have unique personalities.

Sier

Original Poster
I've had him for almost a year. And thanks maybe I'm misinterpreting and he's not grumpy. He's rarely ever in his habitat. He's usually always running around in my room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom