Female beardie digging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vekoveko

Hello! I have female bearded dragon and she's been digging in her sand a lot in past couple of days, most people say that it's because she is preparing to lay eggs but she never mated and i don't have another beardie with her, ive also read that sometimes female beardies can lay eggs without mating is that true? Should i prepare to start caring about baby beardie? Please if someone can help me out, that would be great!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They can lay infertile eggs. You don't need to worry about caring for babies, just discard the eggs. In the meantime I would build a dig box for her with damp play sand and organic topsoil mixed together to a consistency that will hold a tunnel. Start a bit of a tunnel for her or use an inverted box with one side cut out. She may dig a tunnel and lay her eggs and be done with it. This can deplete calcium so I would prepare some calcium rich foods for her to eat after she is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom