shy with the greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogathedragon

Hatchling Member
i have a bearded dragon that is about six months old, and i have had him for five months. He eats his worms around me, but only eats his salad when im not there or if he thinks im not watching. i have woken up a few times to find him in his salad bowl eating his collard greens, and when he notices im watching, he just stops eating and runs back up to his log. is this something he will do forever? or will he eventually start eating the greens infront of me?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's good that he's digging into the greens at all. At his age he still needs lots of protein to support growth so bugs should be his main diet. Since he's familiar with the salads that will help quite a bit when he gets to be about 12-18 months old. Then his diet should shift to about 80% salads overall (gradually). His behavior sounds normal (and good!) for a guy his age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom