Sitting with mouth open

Status
Not open for further replies.

mesuezee

Sometimes when I go to check on Kingsley he is just sitting on his log and his mouth is open. We are trying to get him used to us dripping water in his mouth. Is that a sign of being thirsty? He doesn't always take the water. We mist him frequently and gets a bath about every other day so I am pretty sure he is hydrated just fine. Does anyone else see this with their beardie?

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
They usually open their mouth when they need to regulate their body temperature. Think of it like a dog panting when it gets hot or us sweating. It's not a sign of being thirsty. The only other concern would be if they had a respiratory infection. You would probably see mucous coming out of the nose and/or mouth though.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yep that's common and a sign that they are content and basking. It lets them get plenty of heat to their body while keeping their head a bit cooler. My avatar is a photo of Cooper doing the same thing =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom