Bearded dragon comfortable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETAonTime

Just wondering how long is a normal amount of time before a bearded dragon I comfortable with you? I bought a 6-8 month bearded dragon from someone about a week ago. He doesn't bite me or anything and will sit on my lap for a few minutes if I take him out but he always seems so eager to just get back into his viv. Also do they ever learn to just come to you? Like without you having to pick them up? And if so how long does that normally take? I tried setting up a mobile basking spot in my room but he still just runs to his Viv after a few minutes to get back in. I'm a little worried because I have a new 4x2 coming for him next week. Is he going to be stressed out by me switching his home? The one he's in now is the one I bought him from the person in. Is there any tips to help him get more comfortable with me quicker? I rub his head every night til he falls asleep, hand feed him, and spend as much time as I can just petting him and talking to him. Anything else I can do? He seems just want to sit on his hammock under his basking light for the whole 12-14 hours it's on.

Mysty

Juvie Member
Hi it sounds like you're developing a good bond already by spending time together every day.

Personality is always a factor. Some enjoy handling more than others or will be more calm or exploratory outside the viv.

Hand feeding is good to associate you with delicious treats vit best to not hand feed all the time. Daily handling is great too but best to take it slow and base handling on mood. If he doesn't want to come out just leave him and try again tomorrow.

With the new viv, dont be surprised if it takes a week or so to settle in. You can help by putting his familiar furniture and decor into the new viv.

Would love to see a pic when the new home is set up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom