Beardie twitches in his sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi my bearded dragon twitches in his sleep sometimes. He doesn't do it every time he sleeps, but when he does it, it kind of concerns me. Is he dreaming? I don't think it's MBD. He gets calcium with his crickets and has necessary lighting. Does anyone else's beardie do this?

Brilynnpearson

Original Poster
Update:
I noticed it's one of his back legs twitching in his sleep. He stopped doing it, but if he starts doing it again, what should I do? Is it his uvb? I was told by a worker at a pet store that it was good. Reptisun UVB bulb.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Terry15":18jz3891 said:

Interesting read, thank you for sharing!

OP,
I am unsure if it's sleep related (dream twitches), MBD, or neurological. My dragons will sometimes puff up their abdomens in their sleep (like when preparing for water) and scare me, but it appears to be harmless, as though reacting to a dream

Brilynnpearson

Original Poster
Okay so today he seems to be fine. He chases after crickets. He ate his greens. I think he's okay. He was trying to sleep today around noon. He's never done that but I assume it's normal. He was basking at the time. He's probably tired because he kept getting woken up last night by my family coming in and out of the room. I'm going to continue to give him his calcium, and if he continues to twitch I'll take him in to see the vet. I haven't seen him do it today so I think we're good. Thank you guys for your responses.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My guys twitch sometimes when they sleep too. I think they're just dreaming. Nothing to worry about unless you start seeing a lot of it during the day while they're awake.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
All mine (skinks & dragons dream regularly).... If you look closely you will see the eyes moving under the eyelids .... REM sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom