Not too active and isn't eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash467

My dragon I think is about a month old but maybe older but I know I got it a month ago (I think it's a girl). This is my first reptile in general and I've read about brumation and I know it's baisically hibernation but I also read it's possible to prevent it which I don't understand. I'm not sure if that's why she's not eating or if it's because I started hand feeding her, since she randomly started flaring her beard at me and hissing at me. She'll eat worms out of my hand but not crickets and if these things happen to fall out of my hand in front of her, then she'll eat. If I just drop some crickets in the tank, she doesn't run around getting them anymore. Sometimes she may run over on a piece of drift wood I have in the middle but towards the back of the tank or even at the top of the plant behind her rock, both of which these spots are under the UVB, but that's the only movement she makes.

kornel351

Hatchling Member
only adult bearded dragons brumate babies however don't not. What is the set up of the tank basking spot temp, type of UVB , do u use any lights at night , humidity? Sand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom