Hissing

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahxx

Hey guys, I have a young beardie, he's roughly 3 months old and pretty awesome! For the last three days he's started shedding. I've noticed him being a little more aggressive also. When I go to pick him up, he puffs up, opens his mouth and hisses. I'm thinking this is just because he's feeling a little grumpy due to the shedding. Is this hissing something to be concerned about?? Also would anyone be kind enough to give me advise ad tips on taming a young beardie. Thank you to anyone who can help x

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Carl
I wouldn't be concerned, shedding makes them pretty grumpy...that's probably all it is...

sarahxx

Original Poster
Thank you for replying, I was hoping that was it. I'll just give him some space and maybe a nice bath to help him along x

Steviex

Hi, I am a new beardie mummy, I have had my beardie just over 2 weeks and managed to tame him in a week. Every day, a few times a day I just kept my hand in his cage very still, he would have a look and just freeze! I did this for a few days then slowly began to stroke him/pet him in his viv. The way I cracked it was to hand feed her him! Now he is my best friend and watches my every move! He lets me pick him up and he climbs on to my hand! He is still very active when I get him out of viv and loves to climb all over the sofa! But he is tame and he loves to sit on my sons head! Just time and patience, he will tame x

Zuzu

Sounds like he's just irritated from the shed most likely. Eren doesn't get angry during shed, but he goes absolutely nuts!

You can give your dragon a soak/bath to give him some relief and help him shed. :)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Steviex":3kjd2p53 said:
Hi, I am a new beardie mummy, I have had my beardie just over 2 weeks and managed to tame him in a week. Every day, a few times a day I just kept my hand in his cage very still, he would have a look and just freeze! I did this for a few days then slowly began to stroke him/pet him in his viv. The way I cracked it was to hand feed her him! Now he is my best friend and watches my every move! He lets me pick him up and he climbs on to my hand! He is still very active when I get him out of viv and loves to climb all over the sofa! But he is tame and he loves to sit on my sons head! <<<< that's a very beardie thing to do .... especially younger ones, he's telling you he's boss by assuming the highest place. ..... Rex is near 5 years old and occasionally still tries to climb on top of my head but has to settle for having her hind legs on my shoulder and her arms and hards on the top of my head as she's too big (660g) to safely be allowed ontop my noggin and too heavy .... Just time and patience, he will tame x

Steviex

kingofnobbys":xofbjcj4 said:
Steviex":xofbjcj4 said:
Hi, I am a new beardie mummy, I have had my beardie just over 2 weeks and managed to tame him in a week. Every day, a few times a day I just kept my hand in his cage very still, he would have a look and just freeze! I did this for a few days then slowly began to stroke him/pet him in his viv. The way I cracked it was to hand feed her him! Now he is my best friend and watches my every move! He lets me pick him up and he climbs on to my hand! He is still very active when I get him out of viv and loves to climb all over the sofa! But he is tame and he loves to sit on my sons head! <<<< that's a very beardie thing to do .... especially younger ones, he's telling you he's boss by assuming the highest place. ..... Rex is near 5 years old and occasionally still tries to climb on top of my head but has to settle for having her hind legs on my shoulder and her arms and hards on the top of my head as she's too big (660g) to safely be allowed ontop my noggin and too heavy .... Just time and patience, he will tame x
Wow big girl ? Have you got a piccie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom