He just won't relax

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've had my beardie since November of last year.
He has generally been very skittish around me, but its been coming out recently a lot more.
I blame myself for this if anything, I handled him way to early. Probably scared the living daylights out of him. But anyways.
I am wondering what I can do to get my beardie more accustomed to me. I have been feeding him by hand, putting dead crickets on my hand and he runs onto my hand to eat them, with no issues. But the second I put my hand in there to pick him up, he freaks out. He runs frantically from side to side, and now he is starting to gape at me, he slams his head on the wall trying to get away. I feel like a monster. I also have been trying to just lay my hand on his tank floor, get him used to my hand. And for a long time it seemed to be working. He would eat from my hand with no problem. And he still does. But now, I'm not sure.
I have to take him out soon, no matter how much he bites me or runs away, so I can clean his tank :(

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would keep up what you're doing. If you need to take him out to clean the tank, go for it. If you need to wear gloves, that's OK. He will settle down. some take longer than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom