Bearded dragon is turning black?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maan1123

So I've had my pet bearded dragon for around 1 week, and sometimes his beard/neck will turn black?

Right now his beard is a normal yellow, but it was black around 1 hour ago. Is this normal? Or is he sick??

Also, for some reason he also keeps throwing punches at the UV light.

Thank you for your time!

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Welcome to the forum!

A fully black beard is a sign of distress which would be more urgent, but there are gradients of darkness that could range in a grey-scale implying moody or stressed, etc.

How old is he? Based on you stating a yellow beard as normal, I take it we're talking about an adult.
How black/dark is his beard getting? Does it happen routinely or seem continuous?

Are you able to take photos of your dragon and the enclosure she/he is housed in?
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads

If you could run us through what bulbs you are using as well we may be able to pinpoint what is causing it. What do you mean by throwing punches at the light?

Thanks!

maan1123

Original Poster
He is 2 years old, and it's more in a grey scaled tone. I will take a photo as soon as I'm able to.

Thank you!

maan1123

Original Poster
Oh okay, That could be it.

He keeps nodding all the time! It's been driving me crazy, he can't walk anymore without doing the nodding thing with his head. Is this due to him being in heat/ ready for a female? Or does he do it because he sees himself in the reflection?

(sorry for my bad english)

maan1123

Original Poster
full

I'm not sure how to post pictures, but I hope this is right

maan1123

Original Poster
Not that i've noticed, but he has been digging alot. His beard isn't black right now, so I guess it's not that dangerous? Aince it's more of a greyish tone and he can change it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom