Goofy Bugger sleeps standing up in the corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isnt as much of a problem as it is funny and cute. Every night i know when my 8 month old beardie is ready for bed when he literally goes to his corner, positions himself standing just right to where both his little arms are out the the side holding him up and his tail is out across the floor (almost like a bikes kick stand" i thought this would be funny to share, and was wondering if anyone elses beardie does this? I think its hilarious and hope he never stops doing it because everyone who sees it for the first time gets a kick out of it!!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Not only hatchling beardies do that, my George the BTS did it quite a lot as a baby and juvenile, and both my water skinks did it frequently even as adults .
I've seen lots of photos of pet geckos who do the same thing.

It's a lizard thing. Essentially, I think they do it because they like the coolness of glass sides against their tummies.

They are funny little buggers hey ...

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
My beardie used to lean up against the glass right under the UV light once in a while a couple of years ago. In that case I kind of figured that it wasn't about the glass, it was probably because he wanted to get closer to the "pretty color" and rack up some serious Vitamin D. But if they do it to sleep at night then yeah, that is a pretty weird lizard thing. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom