stretching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caleb

I was watching my beardie while she was basking and saw her do something kind of strange-

she puffed her beard up in and out rapidly about 4 times, once per second, then inflated herself like they do in water for another four seconds. she then deflated and kept her beard out for another four seconds. (end weird phase) then she held her mouth open while basking. She didn't seem to be reacting to anything or to be upset, it kind of just looked like she was stretching.

what is the purpose of this behavior?

Mumble

its normal the weird puffing the beard out behaviour is probably just yawning and the other is called gaping it helps to regulate their body temperature.

hope this helps

Caleb

Original Poster
Mumble":3jokjmzm said:
its normal the weird puffing the beard out behavior is probably just yawning and the other is called gaping it helps to regulate their body temperature.

hope this helps

that makes sense, but do you know why she inflated herself?

Mumble

Not really sure why they do that either ,mine does it once in a while and a lot of the time it just looks like their yawning.

Caleb

Original Poster
Mumble":5jetjnvc said:
Not really sure why they do that either ,mine does it once in a while and a lot of the time it just looks like their yawning.

ok, thanks!

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
When they puff out like that they may be stretching out their skin getting ready for a shed.
My youngest is just hitting his next shed cycle and has been puffing out his abdomen a lot more, the location that is next in the cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom