Jumping

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZWT

Hello! My beardie, Draco, is a healthy boy with a great attitude and plenty of spunk! (I think he's about 7 months old) I love his spirit, but he is a bit of a dare devil. Today he jumped for down from a height of about 3 feet. Seems fine, but I had a heart attack!!!! He must have had an adrenal rush too because he put himself to bed about 40 minutes before lights out! I thought these were lazy critters - will he settle down some as he gets older? I love his spunk, but not sure my hearts gonna take it!!! Ha ha!! Sure hope he didn't hurt himself tonight....seems fine....

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I never let mine leap of the lounge to the carpet or off me. They can injure themselves too easily if they land on a hard surface (even carpet is too unforgiving).

ZWT

Original Poster
Oh, I don't want him too, either!!! He's just so quick. It was by accident on my part. im just wondering if most beardies are that rambunctious when they are young and do they settle down.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
ZWT":15a5vivh said:
Oh, I don't want him too, either!!! He's just so quick. It was by accident on my part. im just wondering if most beardies are that rambunctious when they are young and do they settle down.

Some are real livewires as youngsters , my Rex was, so Toothless was too (he's only now starting to calm down and he's now 16 month old , he took over 6 months to decide he enjoyed daddy snuggles.
Now he really enjoys a nice snuggle on his daddy's chest or tummy and snuggles into me. He still goes nuts on the floor though, inspecting everything and trotting about with his tail up in the air very excitedly. He's also been a leaper, in his case, leaping up onto the lounge when we don't lift him up there quick enough (this is a 16 month old).
Puff and Peppa have always been very much into snuggles and more interest in hanging out than trotting about.

Rest assured , you'll eventually have an laid back lazy beardie , it just takes a while longer with some beardies than others.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Yah, Loki is quite crazy too. He will just be chilling on my hand, and then suddenly he is like, "Got to go!!" and takes off :lol:

MufasasMomMakayla

Juvie Member
I have two girls who are about 1 1/2 years old, and one is a snuggle bug and the other thinks she is a race car. Runs everywhere at top speed and jumps and squirms when you try to keep her on your lap. Been like this since I got her at a few month old. :lol: :lol:
So good luck with Draco, try and stay as close to the floor as possible when you hold him (unless you can manage to get him to sleep LOL) or let him burn his energy out running around a beardie proof room.

Jtjlcl

Gonzo is the same way. I love that she is active but its like watching a toddler. She used to just pancake out on her blanked by the window on the back of the couch now she runs around jumping an climbing things. If we have her out you cant take your eyes off her. She is about 11 months but I think she is still a small size and could easily fit places that would hurt her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom