Beardie moving to cool end

Status
Not open for further replies.

abtekk

I have a female beardie, which I'm not sure of her age as she was a rescue, but she is of adult size.

She's currently in a 4ft by 1ft viv with a 10.0 UVB bulb and a 50w basking bulb.
Hot end temps: 35c
Cool end temps: 22-25c

This doesn't happen every day, but sometimes when I put her in her viv, she runs to the cool end and sleeps there during the night, which is fine, but when I get up in the morning and turn her lights on, she's still there and goes jet black with where she's trying to absorb as much heat as she can. Then her lazy backside won't move back to the hot end until I move her manually. When I put her back to the hot end, she's fine, her colour returns and she gets all lively again.

I can't seem to understand why she's doing this, she doesn't seem to show all the signs of brumation (she eats normal meals, runs around when out of her viv, still enjoys handling, etc).

I can't tell if she's just a fool and can't be bothered to actually move back to the hot side or I'm doing something wrong. She's my first beardie so I'm still understanding the learning curve!

Any thoughts appreciated.

abtekk

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":25ofobxn said:
Normal for them to thermoregulate like that , especially after basking .

But she will stay at the cool end what seems like all day, not moving back to bask.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Check the temperatures ....

How old is she ?

I've found my dragons and skinks spend less time basking as they aged , as very young lizards on 2 or 3 live insect meals per day they were spending loads of time basking , to be warm enough to process their food , but now that they are all on one insect meal per day + some greens and veg/salad, they spend less time basking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom