General concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHankyy

One of mine does this as well.. My girlfriend and I recently purchased 2 juvenile beardies yesterday (neither of us has had one before). We were told they grew up together and would be compatible with each other.. We still don't know their sex, but I assume one is male and one is female.. We currently have them in the same housing and figured that once they start getting bigger, we'd either buy 2 new tanks, or just another tank and split them up. She's concerned and doesn't want to split them up... Me on the other hand has read multiple stories about aggressiveness and harming/killing one another to be dominant. One was already bigger to begin with.. And already seems more "dominant" I fear that the smaller guy is not going to have the specific needs in order to grow. Other than that, there hasn't been any sort of hissing, biting, or even any behavior that implies any harm would be done.. It just seems as if the smaller guy/girl is a pushover and the bigger one is an ass. ?

Any thoughts?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They are solitary and can get aggressive with eachother as you said. For that reason, I would give them their own large enclosures so one doesn't dominate resources (food, basking spots, etc) or harm the other. If you're getting a new tank I'd just invest in large ones with proper lighting from the start. The most cost effective way to go is to build your own if you can, something along these lines. https://beardies.dreamwidth.org/2145.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom