Not big on sharing (their daddy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Last night since I had both Peppa and Rex giving the "please get me out for a snuggle" stare I opted to give them both a snuggle tucked under my t-shirt before their bed time, Toothless was out for the count already as were George and Mildred (the bluetongues).

Well Rex wasn't very impressed for a good long while , giving Peppa the "excuse me - but he's MINE !!" stare , and Peppa simply put her head down and closed her eyes. Meanwhile I was giving Rex and Peppa lots of petting , same amount , one each hand and this helped Rex settle, eventually she gave in and put her head down and closed her eyes, only for Peppa to open her eyes and give Rex the stare.
Never went BB, never showed any aggression towards the other.

But Rex won, I final gave in a had my wife take over with Peppa who was just as happy on her. Of cause Rex coloured up the instant Peppa was taken away and she no longer had to share her daddy. Who says they don't get jealous and possessive of their humans .... mine do.

I don't go the communal snuggle thing very often with my lizards, I know they can move fast if they choose too but never have when I've done the two lizard sidebyside snuggle thing.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
2 humans and 2 reptiles at our house, so they don't have to share. But we do have a house rule: "Only one reptile out of his enclosure at a time" except in very unusual circumstances.

My father in law once asked us what we would do in the event of a power outage (no heat lamps), and I told him that was easy -- we have 2 mammals (with warm bodies) and 2 reptiles, so one of us will cuddle the snake and the other will cuddle the lizard (we just don't want to let them get too close to each other, or someone might get hurt).

Someone around here recently mentioned that their bearded dragon(s) liked to play "musical humans", but in our case, I don't think our beardie is too fond of getting passed around. Maybe it's a matter of whether or not he's the one who gets to decide who he hangs out with. :wink:

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
SHBailey":2fhpbed5 said:
Someone around here recently mentioned that their bearded dragon(s) liked to play "musical humans", but in our case, I don't think our beardie is too fond of getting passed around. Maybe it's a matter of whether or not he's the one who gets to decide who he hangs out with. :wink:

Rex plays musical humans .... she loves her mommy snuggles , and will crawl off her when she's had enough mommy time and crawl across the corner modular lounge to come to me for a daddy snuggle. And v-versa ... :)

She fixates on the barrier at the hallway door because she knows mommy is in the study and she used to be allowed to visit her there (until she crawled behind the big corner desk and we had to move lots of boxes to get her out ) and loved to explore all the craft tubs and boxes which are usually on the floor and had a game where she's "need" a piece of crumpled wrastley piece of wrapping paper - I think she gets pleasure from the sound it makes - she invented that game herself ( the study usually looks like bomb hit it---is chaotic in there ,prefect entertainment for an inquisitive lizard).

George a male bluetongue also does the musical humans thing , he's always been a real smoogy skink and he follows us about the house like a puppydog .... he also likes our 6 yr old grandson and seems to enjoy being nursed by him.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Some people say that a bearded dragon is like a dog in a lizard's body (although I sometimes think that the one I have is more like a cat in a lizard's body). So do you think that the same thing could be said for a blue tongued skink?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
SHBailey":3he6lald said:
Some people say that a bearded dragon is like a dog in a lizard's body (although I sometimes think that the one I have is more like a cat in a lizard's body). So do you think that the same thing could be said for a blue tongued skink?

beardies are definitely cat-dogs in a spikey lizard's body.

bluetongue skinks are definitely dogs in a lizard's body.

I'll add water skinks are mini cat-dogs,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom