Do beardies dislike deep sounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4saken1

Just a bit curious. My 2.5 year old daughter was getting into something and I had to use my deep dad voice.

As soon as I did my girl Zelda began to beard flap for a minute or so. She knew it was from me, I just hadn't gotten a reaction like that until I went really deep. No black bearding and I'm not worried I just thought it curious. Maybe it made her feel threatened, she is used to hearing her dad talking sweet around her.

Edit:

She bearded at me once more but it ended up she was telling me she wanted to be fed again now vs waiting for her 3rd feeding. She happily nom'd some food from my fingers and she is now sleeping for the night.

I guess maybe since she is young she is still figuring out her communication and how to tell me things in her own way.

Edit 2:

She hasn't pooped in a little over a day so if she doesn't go in the am. I will feel her belly and give her a bath to see if that helps. She doesn't poop as often as her brother did but I think since she is bigger for her age maybe she doesn't poop as often? Maybe I need to drip water from my fingers to drink. She has water and gets misted twice daily (1 heavier in the am and 1 light in the pm a bit before bed.) She just had her first bath Thursday.

MsCarter

Juvie Member
It does sound like your deep voice may have made her feel a little threatened.

I also agree that she is still figuring out all of the little things she is capable of doing and learning to communicate. My female was the same way, she could (and still can) be a moody little lady but she can also be the biggest sweetie. When she gets mad at me I just baby talk her and gently pet her head until she calms down than I give her a little space.

It's normal for them to skip pooping every now and than. I agree a warm bath would be good. You can continue using the mister or a dropper to apply drops of water on her snout for her to lick up if she chooses. Also make sure her basking temp is about 105 and that she is basking approximately two hours after meals. This, along with keeping her well hyderated, will help her properly digest her food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom