Beardie language

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas626

Stomps, waves, head bobs, puffing out the body, blacking the beard, and moving in circles around each other. I'm wanting to learn from other owners of these beautiful lizards what the combinations can mean or do mean. I know that head bobbing slowly can be indicative of a sign of submission for female to male or male to male, I also know that fast head bobbing can mean aggression. Blacking of the beard and puffing out the body are both used for aggression, mating, or defending the mate. A beardie puffing out it's body can also be soaking up the uv rays or wanting to be left alone. As such with the head bobbing sometimes there is a stomp that goes around halfway then resets back at another point along the stomp when the foot is being raised (quick head bob once that resembles a scooping motion then a stomp that goes up halfway then another single head bob and the stomp resets then completes). I know what the head bob means but not in conjunction with the stomp, has anyone encountered this? Also has anyone noticed a specific number of head bobs that the male does when around a female? Mine does 7 fast and 6 slow (relatively slow it's down fast, pause, up fast, pause). The fast head bob is accompanied by 7 quick stomps and the slow head bob is accompanied by 3 slow stomps (raises foot a little ways then back down, doesn't bring it up and around). Thoughts on these and thoughts on any other combinations i haven't covered let me know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vaota88
Top Bottom