Baby Beardie Doesn't like baths?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if I should be concerned, but my Opal doesn't like baths? First one she had was in this sink, and I thought she got confused with her reflection?
Just then I gave her a bath and she still tried to escape
89904-5776460832.jpg
89904-5105256578.jpg
She would sit still for what seemed like ages, then frantically tried to run up the wall.
Idek!
(Sorry for another post, Im just very cautious..)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If she doesn't seem to like baths you don't have to provide them unless she is soiled. It's not worth the stress, especially with young dragons. You can offer her water by dripping some water on her nose to lick up.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Yep.... cut the bathing unless absolutely necessary.

My beardies Peppa and Toothless haven't been bathed for over 10 months, and Rex hasn't been bathed for over 3 years. (and only to assist with shedding and occasionally if soiled).

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi, what a cute little beardie. :love5:

It can take a while before a baby beardie gets used to baths. Sometimes it helps if you put a washcloth or small towel down in the bottom so it has something to grasp onto to help it feel more secure. They also like to hold onto your fingers when bathing. If she seems to be stressed even though you try those things I mentioned, I wouldn't push the issue much right now unless it is absolutely necessary to help with shedding or cleaning off poop. My beardies have always loved baths, even when they were babies. But if yours doesn't, you can either spray water on her nose or use a plastic medicine dropper to offer her drinks of water.

BamBamOpal

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":1d90sbm9 said:
Yep.... cut the bathing unless absolutely necessary.

My beardies Peppa and Toothless haven't been bathed for over 10 months, and Rex hasn't been bathed for over 3 years. (and only to assist with shedding and occasionally if soiled).
Yeah she is shedding and needed to get the shed off her toes.

Keeann

My older beardie is like this too! He's somewhere between 6-10 months (don't know where he came from, so we aren't sure), and when I put him in a bath he actually holds his breath like he thinks he's going to sink. He'll puff up like he's agitated, but you can actually hear him take in this big breath, and even if it's only a couple inches of water his feet won't touch the bottom because he ended up making himself float :lol: I'm sure it's stressful for him, so I try to only bathe him when he's smelly or shedding, and I find it helps to make sure i'm holding him while he's in the water instead of letting him go float off into the distance...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom