Neck Biting

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilgreeneyes

Juvie Member
For the past few days, Yoshi has cuddled up to my husband's neck on the side below the ears. We figured he does this because it's a warm spot. Well, tonight was different. He decided to climb up to my husband's neck under his chin. Then all of a sudden my husband gets frantic and says "Yoshi is biting me!" I'm telling him nah it's probably just his claw or something, but then I saw his mouth open.
Now my husband is nervous of him a little. Is it possible that Yoshi was biting his neck because he saw my husband's adams apple move or saw a vein? This is the first time Yoshi has bitten. He did shed a small portion of his tail today. So is he cranky or could it be what I think it is? After we moved him down away from my husband's neck he's been calm and just sitting there.

isabelleandpaul

Juvie Member
I saw somewhere that that's what a male does to a female before mating... at least that's what my male did to my female just before we separated them! Maybe Yoshi is mistaking your husband for a lovely female :wink:

lilgreeneyes

Juvie Member
Original Poster
The thing is, our beardie is probably only about 3 months old. I'm not sure (even if there was a female beardie here) that he would want to mate already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom