Neck Biting

Have any questions about one of the many subtle behaviors a beardie has? Ask and discuss it here!

Neck Biting

Postby lilgreeneyes » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:51 pm

[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

For the past few days, Yoshi has cuddled up to my husband's neck on the side below the ears. We figured he does this because it's a warm spot. Well, tonight was different. He decided to climb up to my husband's neck under his chin. Then all of a sudden my husband gets frantic and says "Yoshi is biting me!" I'm telling him nah it's probably just his claw or something, but then I saw his mouth open.
Now my husband is nervous of him a little. Is it possible that Yoshi was biting his neck because he saw my husband's adams apple move or saw a vein? This is the first time Yoshi has bitten. He did shed a small portion of his tail today. So is he cranky or could it be what I think it is? After we moved him down away from my husband's neck he's been calm and just sitting there.
Mommy to...
3 Bearded Dragons: Yoshi, Aurora, Grendel
2 Guinea Pigs: (RIP Furby), Mocha, Patches
1 Fancy Rat: Miss Brisby, (RIP Zelda)

I <3 My Critter Babies.
lilgreeneyes
Juvie Poster

Re: Neck Biting

Postby isabelleandpaul » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:02 pm

I saw somewhere that that's what a male does to a female before mating... at least that's what my male did to my female just before we separated them! Maybe Yoshi is mistaking your husband for a lovely female :wink:
isabelleandpaul
Juvie Poster

Postby lilgreeneyes » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:17 pm

The thing is, our beardie is probably only about 3 months old. I'm not sure (even if there was a female beardie here) that he would want to mate already.
Mommy to...
3 Bearded Dragons: Yoshi, Aurora, Grendel
2 Guinea Pigs: (RIP Furby), Mocha, Patches
1 Fancy Rat: Miss Brisby, (RIP Zelda)

I <3 My Critter Babies.
lilgreeneyes
Juvie Poster

Postby HaleyMaree » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:06 pm

Sometimes they will just freak.

~Haley
HaleyMaree