Crazy dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

shifty43

Ok, I have 2 juvi dragons, one male and one feamale. They are housed in different setups and pretty much in different rooms (well around the corner from each other). Over the last few weeks they have been taking turns head bobbing and arm waving at each other. Not sure what to do. They run up and down the tanks flaring up with the black beards and puffing up. Like i said they are in different rooms, one is in the living room and one is in the dining room with no direct line of sight for either one. I thought they might be mad about something in there tanks, but when we can stand where we can see both of them we noticed that when my female would head bob the male would wave and vice versa. The only thing we could come up with is that they can see each other in the sliding glass door to our deck which is about 20 ft from her and like 50 from him. Any advice would be great. Also i am getting them new enclosures in a few weeks that i can stack so i am hoping that would help. Could this be that they want to mate or attack each other? They are about 9 months or so old so i will not be breeding them for some time.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Even if they can't see each other, they know they are there. It sounds like breeding behavior and is normal, especially this time of year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom