Bearded dragon going through puberty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomek

Juvie Member
Do ALL Bearded dragons go through puberty? I have been reading when they get to about one year old they may act a big (teenager'ish). Has anyone experienced this? and what should I look out for?

BeardedDragon6

Juvie Member
Do ALL ppl go to trough puberty? YES and tahts the same for all animals , Im kinda experienced witht his, as my BD Spike is Just in the Puberticy STUCK, he attacks his reflection and head bobs like an adult, but still he hasn't got his full black ebard hes around 10 Months old and already reacting like a teenager , what should u look out for well, if he gets angry while seeing his reflection in the glass his beard gets black, he may even Puff himself up or attack something like Spike did, he chased my Dog all Over the House untill my dog didn't jumped up to the bed :lol: :lol: poor Doggy :lol: :lol:

fluffpuffgerbil

Juvie Member
Yes. All beardies go through puberty. XD Whether the GRILS do or not, I don't know, but my male was acting a little teenish earlier.
Like he discovered his beard and was continuously flaring it at nothing, just playing with it.
And then he saw our new female for the first time and his beard got BLACK! REally black!
He hasn't started headbobbing or anything(he's 8 months), but I can't wait for him to start! XD

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
I swear my youngest female is going threw it.. She used to be sweet and nice... Now.. Shes like.. Don't touch me.. Shes getting over it though

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
I'm estimating under 6 months..

My Male never went threw the typical puberty though. Hes all ways been a sweet heart.

isabelleandpaul

Juvie Member
My little male started black bearding at our female when he was 3 months old. I thought that was young for puberty, he's still acting crazy when he sees the female, but when we picked him up from the breeder she said he was probably the "alpha male" of his clutch. I don't know if it's related, but he discovered his "malehood" quite early!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
All beardies act differently as they grow....some males turn in to tornadoes, flying around and bobbing at everything, others stay kind of calm. Most of my females stay calm right through...except I've had a few fiesty ones, but that was their personality to begin with. So....it really depends on the lizard, but the real change is seen in the males.

jreed

i have three males all about a year old and they all have started head bobbing and black bearding at each other they didn't start at the same time it was spread out as to when they started but they are all still doing it it is fun to watch them try and out do each other they where all from same clutch so are all same age we use to let them run around the house together but now they have separate play times lol i think the biggest thing is to keep them so they cant see each other cause when they do its a all out macho battle lol as for females i have two one is a 4yr old rescue and the other is around 9months old and yes they go through it to.
to me all the beardies are just like kids they all have different personality's and go through changes at different times just have fun with it and make sure they are safe

JeepMiller09

Hatchling Member
My bd chance is going through puberty right now! What a pain in the butt. Just to pick him up you have to be super fast or he will try and bite u. I pick him up every day and hold him still he stops thrashing. Then he sits w me for about 20 mins b4 I put him back. I do this once or twice a day. Any one know how long this last?

quigleysmom

Juvie Member
Mine is sort of going through it. He has sits on his rock in the morning and puffs up his beard then jerks his head up once and then yawns and that is it for him. I think he is too laid back to do more. He still loves to snuggle every night andhis personality has not changed. He is still way laid back and very sweet and funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom