Is it yawning? Dry heaving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxyrox

Strangest thing, my beardie was basking, then it opened its mouth as wide as it could, and blew up its beard larger than I've ever seen it. It blew straight out to underneath the bottom of its mouth. It looked like it was choking, or dry heaving or something. Then it just stopped and resumed basking.

Any ideas?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Roxyrox":797f2 said:
Strangest thing, my beardie was basking, then it opened its mouth as wide as it could, and blew up its beard larger than I've ever seen it. It blew straight out to underneath the bottom of its mouth. It looked like it was choking, or dry heaving or something. Then it just stopped and resumed basking.

Any ideas?
Hello
Ok so opening wide is ok sometimes.Is he in shed or about to shed?Sometime they do it to break up shed.Was there actually a sound?

well i can sorta relate, every once in a while mine will be basking and just randomly open his mouth and poof himself out real big for like 2 sec and then just look at me like "What? a guy can't poof up every once in a while?!" lol, he won't open it as far as he could but he def poofed up lol So ima just say keep an eye on it JUST in case, but im thinkin it's just the fact that they do some strange things sometime :-\

Roxyrox

Original Poster
vickson420":d0cca said:
Roxyrox":d0cca said:

Any ideas?
Hello
Ok so opening wide is ok sometimes.Is he in shed or about to shed?Sometime they do it to break up shed.Was there actually a sound?

No sound, but his beard contracted and expanded like a frog. Not so rapidly, like if you played a frog breathing in very slow motion.

Roxyrox

Original Poster
edevildude":dd840 said:
well i can sorta relate, every once in a while mine will be basking and just randomly open his mouth and poof himself out real big for like 2 sec and then just look at me like "What? a guy can't poof up every once in a while?!" lol, he won't open it as far as he could but he def poofed up lol So ima just say keep an eye on it JUST in case, but im thinkin it's just the fact that they do some strange things sometime :-\

It was longer, about 20 seconds. He did look at me like that though. Strange animal, youre right.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Roxyrox":50802 said:
edevildude":50802 said:

It was longer, about 20 seconds. He did look at me like that though. Strange animal, youre right.
Ok then that is fine,they do this from time to time just to stretch however if he starts doing it constantly then there may be an issue.

Yea it looks exactly the same as when mine does it, well except my little dude it smaller then urs therefor less beard to puff out lol, he actually hadn't done it in a while but the day after i commented on this i caught him just sitting there basking and poofing in and out for like 1 min. then back to normal , im thinking it's just our beardies being weird'os :roll:

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Mine does the same thing ocassionally. My boyfriend's does this almost every morning, we call it his "morning stretches"

SierraandRhonda

Hatchling Member
How big is your tank. I have never seen Sierra puff her beard while basking but she will open her mouth likes shes too hot but won't move to the cooler side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom