TAIL CURL: What does it mean? (Pics inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbeardie79

Original Poster
Hi There! I am a new beardie slave and I have come up with yet another question... My female beardie, Elliot (we didn't know she was a "she" until after we named her) does this complete tail curl occassionally and I don't know what it means. The guy in the pet store said it means she is happy..? I just dunno...? The pics are of her in the bath, but she does it OUT of the bath too. Can anyone help me understand what this means? Thanks!!

ElliotSideTailCurlInBath4-2009.jpg

ElliotTailCurlinbath04-09.jpg

Solution
sounds to me when I read all the replies that it is like an emotional response, arousment of any sort... Which just likely mean higher state of alertness, mine does it in the bath as well :D

crazymum

Hatchling Member
well im not to sure exactly what it means but people have told me that it is a sign of them being alert like when there hunting or watching some thing but im not sure how right that is

newbeardie79

Original Poster
Thank you for your replies!! I have heard something similar to the alert thing somewhere...glad to know I wasn't just confusing facts...lol
LOL!!! @ the scorpion relation!! Maybe I should change her name to "Scorpio" LOL!! :D

I just hope that it doesn't mean she is upset! She has been acting weird though lately... after her bath, she went right back to sleeping! She has reduced her food intake and is sleeping a lot more?? She still eats worms and poos daily (in the bath). Just got a new reptisun bulb 10.0 and a 150watt basking lamp...? temps are 80-85 on the cool side and 98-101 under the light... Any ideas? Burmution?

bebespikemama

A lady that we deal with at the feed store nearby, who also raises dragons, told me the tail curl like that is a sign that she is trying or needs to poop as well as a sign of alertness.

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
It can also mean dominance!! Today I had both BDs out of their cage and facing each and my female puffed her beard up and bobed her head up and down then the tail started to curl!! Also sometimes when I put food in her cage she does that. So she or he may be telling you hey this in my home so you better recognize!!!! lol.... Just my 2cents...

Lance

Monkey

Juvie Member
sounds to me when I read all the replies that it is like an emotional response, arousment of any sort... Which just likely mean higher state of alertness, mine does it in the bath as well :D

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom