Brumation????

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Hey guys I just had a question my male (3+ yrs old) went in to brumation over the winter and my female (1 1/2 yrs old) was only 6 inches when I got her and is now a full adult same length of him and he came out of brumation over a long time he didnt eat he lost a little weight and now hes a ferocious eater and pack it back on and now she will NOT eat so my question is can a bearded dragon enter brumation at any time even in a controlled environment I mean my male did it which even the vet said was odd but he did so I was wondering if she is going in to brumation and is why she isnt eating and sleeps all day long if I let her and then when i take her out of her enclosure shes active (1-2 hrs) and then out of nowhere shes digging in to my pillows and blanket and goes to sleep her temps are right and are very consistent i just dont know whats wrong with her scares me hobestly

Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes, they can go into brumation at any time. Some years they will go into brumation more than once (mine did this year). I haven't found an external factor that causes it. Just monitor her weight and as long as that is fairly stable I'd let her sleep if she wants to.

TheBeard9789

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":3cjm7qi6 said:
Yes, they can go into brumation at any time. Some years they will go into brumation more than once (mine did this year). I haven't found an external factor that causes it. Just monitor her weight and as long as that is fairly stable I'd let her sleep if she wants to.
I'm definitely gonna consult the vet her next visit just to be sure ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom