Handling question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRkorey

So I have about a 3 month old dragon. He’s def gotten a ton bigger since we first brought him home when he was maybe 6-7 inches long. So he will eat out of my hand no problem. But it’s weird he puts up a little fight and runs around his tank when I go to take him out. I have a 40 gal tank so I try not to go from right above him but sometimes it’s hard. But once I get him and take him it he’s fine. He runs around, runs across the room to eat worms out of my hand. At night he will lay in a blanket and fall asleep in the blanket or my hand. So my question is why is he so scared when I’m trying to get him in the tank but then when he is out he seems to trust me it’s odd?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's probably just instinct to run from something big coming from overhead. As you're doing, just try to approach slowly and from in front of him. The little guys tend to be a bit hyper too so if he's acting normally once you pick him up then it's not likely causing any long term issues. He will probably be calmer as he gets older.

NYRkorey

Original Poster
Okay awesome I just wanted to make sure. He’s an awesome dragon. I was just concerned about that. Like I said once he’s out he runs around tries to climb walls or just hangs on his blankets. So as he gets older helpfully he calms down like you said thanks!

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
I think baby’s tend to be more skiddish then adults. Just keep handling it and it should calm down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom