Socializing with Boba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topknot87

Hey everyone, this is Boba:

96811-2576581035.jpg

He's just under 4 months old and a lil stinker. He's super cool with being pet and a little bit of handling but once you try to settle him anywhere outside his cage you've got maybe a minute before its time to "scitter away and find my tank!!".

I'm sure it's just his baby phase where everything is fight or flight...mostly flight. But is there more I can be doing to help him acclimate more with being outside his cage?

I try to socialize and take him out as much as possible, but at the same time I don't want to stress him out.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. He's adorable :D I see you have a colored basking light. He needs a bright white basking light. I use a halogen flood bulb. Those colored ones are junk and they distort the vision.

Topknot87

Original Poster
destiny1998":33nfhfhl said:
Hi. He's adorable :D I see you have a colored basking light. He needs a bright white basking light. I use a halogen flood bulb. Those colored ones are junk and they distort the vision.

I appreciate your concern but I've conferred with his breeder and other experts in the area. As far as I'm can see the red heating lamp thing is a divisive myth where I can find no legitimate scientific articles about and is only hearsay. If you're concerned about the UV he also has a UV bar and the heat lamp is not his only source of light.

From here on out I'd appreciate any more posts to stick with the topic I started please.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He's a cute little one. I would try to learn his social cues and base your actions on that. If he is acting timid I'd let him be. If he seems OK with handling, go for it. Be patient as it may take some time for you not to appear as a large possible predator. Just keep being gentile around him. Try offering treats by hand to help build a bond. Black soldier fly larvae, silk worms, and possibly different veges may work well for this. Try some different combinations to find what he likes best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom