Baby full of energy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got Cricket Head about a week ago and guessing his age to be 3-4weeks based on his size. He has been glass surfing and very antsy for the past 2-3days. I try and take him out and he will 1)fight me, 2)come out but try to run once out, or 3)fall asleep in my hand if it is later at night. Any tips on why he is so antsy and how to get him to relax and enjoy his home?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He is probably curious. Do you have an area that is safe for him to run around and explore outside of the tank? No small bits on the floor he could ingest and no small spaces he can get stuck in etc. If it's a safe area and you watch closely, it's kind of fun to see the little guys run around and explore.

Karabeckett45

Original Poster
95874-5779959904.jpg

With how small he is I'm not sure it would be safe to let him run around. I have a fairly open floor plan so the only place I could do that is a bathroom or my walk in closet

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Definitely good to take that into consideration, so use your best judgement. Maybe you could section off an area with pillows or something like that. Sometimes they like to look out the window so if you have a window sill for him to sit in he may enjoy it. Just be sure to stay right with him because he may jump. The little guys think they can fly sometimes :roll:

Karabeckett45

Original Poster
I tried doing as you suggested n he sat there contentedly for bout 3min then started trying to climb the window. Set him on my hand n again sat there but glaring at me. Climbed off my hand n started climbing the window. Tried to pick him up again n he fought me till I got a good hold on him. Sighs.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Enjoy him. The fact he's full of beans and is a livewire is a very good sign.

They are great fun to watch when very young and full of beans and learning about the world and their human carers / slaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom