Hands palm up

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnaC109

So I just turned my beardies lights on and this is how he was sleeping. I've seen him sleep like this a few times but as soon as he wakes up he moves his hands back to normal. He never does this awake. But I've heard it's a sign of MBD. Should I be concerned?
92152-9390564630.jpg

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
They do things that make you want to scratch your head at times, lol! That is adorable!

They tend to get comfortable when they sleep, by comfortable I mean full out comfortable. That my worried friend is his comfortable position. Mine does it too, at times.
I don't think it is anything to worry about!

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I agree with Gormagon -- the palms up position by itself is not necessarily a sign of MBD, as long as he's walking normally when he's awake and not showing any other signs of illness, and as long as he's getting enough calcium and vitamin D and UVB light.

Beardies can fall asleep in some really weird positions, some of which can look downright uncomfortable to us humans. Or just plain cute, like this one. :)

You should see my beardie once I can finally get him in his cage, he climbs up on his skull and then hangs his head off of it and passes out lol!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
AnnaC109":17kg0f0m said:
So I just turned my beardies lights on and this is how he was sleeping. I've seen him sleep like this a few times but as soon as he wakes up he moves his hands back to normal. He never does this awake. But I've heard it's a sign of MBD. Should I be concerned?
92152-9390564630.jpg
He is just comfy like that .... he's fine.

Peppa loves to plank , her chest and head on her fake rock grotto , her bum and hind legs and tail on her jumbo hubbahut....

Toothless still sleeps occasionally standing up (on his back feet and tail....when he is really into what is on TV and crashes while watching it ( he's into Doctor Who )..

Beardies .... they crack you up.... very quirky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom