Broken trust

Status
Not open for further replies.

scman

Hello everyone,

I have a 3-4 month old baby dragon Lizzy. She has been grumpy ever since I got her. She doesn't like being held and I haven't really pushed it as I've tried allowing her to come to me. So far she hasn't. The other day my wife decided to clean her aquarium and in the process made Lizzy really mad. She was aggressively jumping at my wife's hand as she placed objects back into the aquarium. Since then she is really jumpy and aggressive when I place food into her aquarium. This is my first dragon so I feel I am at square one in dealing with her. Before this, she would rest on her basking area and look at me as I spoke to her at night (my desk is next to her aquarium). Any ideas on reestablishing semi-trust would be appreciated because as I've said before this is my dragon.

Jittjuke

I am definitely not the most experienced beardy owner. But I've learned a semi decent amount. I would just try and keep going but do it slow. She's still young so she can be tamed better then a adult beardy. But it still wouldn't hurt to go slow. Just try talking to her and slowly get closer with touching like once she allows you to have a hand near her then be slow start with strokes on the tail then work your way up. Within this you can try like maybe hand feeding her (depending how you do it) just get her use to you and your wife being around as much as possible with out startling her.
Thanks for post and sorry if I couldn't be of any help but I would love for you to update us with Lizzy

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
This happens especially if the lizard is young, not tamed yet and skittish and has had very limited human interaction.

Essentially her sin in the Hatchie's eyes was she invaded the Hatchie's territory , but it's something that can't be avoided.

Just step back for a few days and give the hatchling some space, chances are all will fine in short order if you do as suggested.

I've tamed wild very timid and skittish skinks in a few weeks to the point they were relaxed enough to feed from my fingers and fall asleep on me.
Giving food treats works wonders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom