Free time temperature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jsw

Hatchling Member
I want to let my bearded dragon have some time to run around in the living room, but it seems too cold. I can keep the house between 68-70 and usually do. But when I have taken him out to explore, he heads for the nearest enclosed spot, does a little butt wiggle, and goes to sleep. When I take him out to hold him, he snuggles down into my sweatshirt and naps. Is he cold? I know 70 is below the "cold side" of a cage.

Do I need to run the heater before letting him roam? I doubt I could get it above 75, and even that's a pretty uncomfortable temp for the humans to live in. I'll do it if I have to, but I'd rather not.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, he's bunkering down because he's cold as it's their instinct. They can roam around at normal room temps but need a warm up spot like Kingofnobbys said. Try putting a clamp lamp somewhere in the room with a basking light in it (halogen flood light will work). They learn to return to the light to bask when they need to warm back up. I have these set up in my house. Give him some spots where he can get back up to 100-105.

76248-2881195503.jpg

SDragons

Juvie Member
We have a basking spot set up beside our patio door for ours. When he is outside his house he spends 90% of his time looking outside the patio doors into the garden and the remaining 10% running around the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom