Concerned about my beardie's beahviors

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlopez0930

Hi, so I got my beardie back in December and I have never experienced any issues with health. But lately my beardie has been acting weird. First off, this whole time I assumed my beardie was a boy and I come to find out he is actually a she. haha. She had many symptoms correlated with being gravid. the restlessness, excessive eating, very alert, bloated appearance, and she started using her cave. She also has very mushy poop, not exactly diarrhea but not her normal poop either. I felt her abdomen for eggs, but I don't think I felt any. She had some subtle lumps but not enough for me to be sure. I created a lay box for her, but once i put her in she only wanted to get out. She refuses to dig. The past couple days she has pretty much stopped eating. She isn't eating nearly as much as she did before. and she stays in her cave almost all the time. I just discovered that the light I had just installed about two weeks ago is too hot. the thermometer was not picking up the heat coming from the lights, it was only picking up from the heat emitter. So I am beginning to believe that the heat might have been the problem. I would like to know what you guys think? if any other issues might come to mind?

vlopez0930

Original Poster
Just to add, when I noticed the change in stool I changed her staple vegetable to collard greens and butternut squash because after much research those two seemed to be the best staple veggies.but the mushy stool persists. after I turned off the light today to lower the temp. and I took her out of the cave, she stayed out for the rest of the day, until later at night she went back in to sleep I guess. it is just so weird to me because she has NEVER used it before. absolutely never. until recently, and she uses it all the time now. and I don't know if that should concern me. Maybe she only just discovered it, and she finds it very comfortable? I'm not sure.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sometimes they can change their ways a bit and in this case she likes the cave. It does sound like if the temps were too high she may have been hiding to regulate her temperature. How high did the temps go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom