Naughty girl...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lissac67

Do any of you find your dragon making a total mess of their cage when they are just mad about something? Spike doesn't seem distressed and she has an uncanny ability to time it, so I really believe she is tearing apart her cage on purpose. A few examples, she hates to poop in her cage, HATES it. She prefers to do it in the bath, and usually does it right away. If there is a day she hasn't had a bath by 10, she poops in her cage and then spends hours tearing apart her cage, throwing her pillows around (she likes these tiny soft pillows I found at the dollar store...)and being a general PITA. She even goes to hid under her log and comes out occasionally to check if the poop is still there.

Then there is the "I hate my food" fit. I really try to give her a variety and change it up often. Last week I was at a farm stand and they had fresh, organic baby arugula. I thought it might be a nice addition to her salad for the week. She dived in with one bite, then refused to eat anything. Clearly she didn't like it. She tends to have to be convinced something is yummy so I offered it a few times. Yesterday I offered just the arugula, and she tossed it all over the cage. I mean everywhere. Once it was sufficiently spread, she planted her fluffy self in her hammock and gave me the evil eye all day. She tends to get attached to certain foods. She will inspect it early in the day and if she doesn't want it, she goes under her log to pout for most of the day. Yet if I take her outside she is her perfectly normal self, so I know she is not sick or feeling under the weather. The pouting under the log and the messing up the cage are all perfectly timed with things she appears to find distasteful.

So it seems far fetched to think a dragon with such a small brain could plan defiance and make such as statement, but it seriously seems like she does this on purpose. lol Anyone else have such an expressive beardie? Oh, she also pees on people when she is irritated. Doesn't beard, doesn't turn black, or anything. Just pees on you. No poop. She is talented that way. It is only when she is being held and played with, but clearly doesn't want to be. lol

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't know that they plan defiance or really trash their tanks on purpose but they definitely have personalities and can throw fits for one reason or another. It sounds like she's quite a character and that's just her personality. A lot of them don't like to poop in their enclosure or be around it (can you blame them?). I'd keep up with the baths to regulate pooping if that's working for you. I did the same thing with my guys. I found that when they're used to going at the same time every day I could even just put them in an area of linoleum floor that was really easy to clean and they'd go there. They tend to respond well to routine so if you set up a good routine it may be helpful. If you provide lots of time to run around outside of the enclosure it may help her burn off some more energy so she's less likely to trash the tank. Not a guarantee but worth a try.

lissac67

Original Poster
She is a character for sure and has a very strong personality. She is pretty spoiled (as it should be) and does get lots of time to run around, plus she loves sitting in the window sill with just the screen to get sun and hear the noises. She cracks me up and is certainly a defiant girl when she wants to be. :D

tengu1

Juvie Member
LOL LMAO LOL hahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaahahaha

Sorry but wow reading your post made me laugh so hard!!!!

BAD GIRL!!!! I also have a bad girl at the moment. not as bad as yours but still very naughty! I wrote a post about her and right now as I type this she is giving me the stink eye!

lissac67

Original Poster
Haha!! Doesn't that evil eye just crack you up? They all seem to have such spicy personalities, yet tolerate us humans. My girl is really the sweetest dragon and clearly knows her own mind. lol

tengu1

Juvie Member
lissac67":3fhf3oez said:
Haha!! Doesn't that evil eye just crack you up? They all seem to have such spicy personalities, yet tolerate us humans. My girl is really the sweetest dragon and clearly knows her own mind. lol

The evil eye is a classic! first time she gave me it I thought "what have I done?"

Tonight she dug up her sheets to find her reptile carpet to sleep on! LOL so funny how they love their comforts but happy to rip them up or do their business on it!!

If you go to the photo page and on page 6 is a black and white picture of my girl. I think you will see her personality !

lissac67

Original Poster
Spike does that, too. lol She much prefers softness under her belly but digs often, too. They are so funny! I will check out the picture! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom