2 month old Bearded dragon acting a bit strange lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conchobhar

my bearded dragon terra is very friendly, but she is acting a bit strange lately. She will sometimes do a fast head shake and close her eyes when my hand is near her, i'm not really sure why though because she usually doesn't care when anyone goes near her. I have heard of head bobbing but this seems a bit different, i'm not sure what the problem may be. Also lately she has been turning a really dark color, and we assumed she was just wanting more food, because she ate probably the most I have ever seen her eat.

We feed her crickets everyday, and keep meal worms in a dish all day. on the weekend we will feed vegetables and fruit to her one day only. and i calcium coat crickets about twice a week. Should I take her into a vet to see how she is doing or have others had behavior like this.

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. You need to dust her food 5x a week with calcium and 2x a week with vitamins. Her shaking her head could be a sign of a calcium deficiency. Nix the meal worms those can cause impaction. Salads should be offered everyday. Here is a good site to go by beautifuldragons.com. Also can you give a rundown of his set up? Lights? Temps? How big is the enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom