window scratching

Status
Not open for further replies.
does any one else beardie does this scratching at his vivarium glass, he loves being out with us, but he is still only a baby so can’t stay out to long. this is Bob.
110911-6892675580.jpg
110911-2879213291.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi Bob--- hes curious - mine did it when he was a baby as well - what size tank do you have him in and what are you using for a UVB and basking temps ? what brand and bulb coil or tube temps how are you taking them ? We go over lighting first to rule it out

rita1

Original Poster
Hi he has a 4 x 2 x 2 vivarium with climbing logs and a hide, uv light is T5 strip light and basking bulb under where he likes to chill, temperature at 110 hot end 100 further down log 85 cool end, the temperature is controlled with a thermostat, has a ceramic which comes on at night if temperature drop below 22 Celsius.
When we first got him he use to not step on your hand when we put it in, now he jumps at you and climbs out onto your arm, he loves sitting in the window with us. He’s a fussy eater not a lover of crickets but loves locusts, so i have just started to try and breed them.
He really is a friendly, not to keen on his baths at the moment, but they do help when he’s shedding.
Hope this window scratching is nothing to worry about.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The set up sounds good- the T 5 is in a fixture that has a reflector in it? And distance should be 12-15 inches directly above the decor-- if that is all good I am gonna say he is just curious

rita1

Original Poster
Hi cheers for the response. yes has reflector and it’s right across the vivarium, when he sits on his log he is about 12 inch away.
I think he likes being out by the window, watching.
We have to be careful when he’s at the front because as soon as you open the vivarium door he leaps on your arm.
We had a dragon before many years ago and he also loved being out, but he was a rescue so did not know his back ground. So are they all the same, that they love being with people.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
yes most do -- they all have different personalities -- I guess it depends on how they are treated when they are first gotten as well --- some go thru abusive treatment then you can end up w/ a aggressive dragon - it can take a long time to get them to come around but if worked w/ long enough they can become the loving animal most are --- I have two of them and one is so different from the other - both were gotten as babies but the younger ones personality is so different - hes not mean or anything just has the attitude of wanting to be left alone - and when we do get him out hes more skittish -the older one has the non chalant attitude and likes being out loves hanging out w/ us --

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
My dragon does this especially if he sees me sitting in the room and he's just pooped in his enclosure. He's like oh human there is something for you to clean up in here. He'll also scratch when he wants out to sit in the window or run around.

rita1

Original Poster
110911-1251572022.jpg
This is Bob new pose, waiting for his locusts.
Glad to see other beardie like sitting out with the humans. :blob5:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom