Found after 6 months!

Status
Not open for further replies.
110964-3137762021.jpg
Our Jackie is a survivor. She actually thrives on her own. She first got the itch to escape before first laying eggs (not fertilized), and ever since then she just wants to be free. We live in a neighborhood on a small hill in Northern Californua. When she escapes, she always sticks around the hill, and most of the neighbors in the 30 or so houses know of her. Once she came back on her own, but usually a neighbor finds her and brings her back. The first few times, she seemed to need us for food, heat and light. Over a two year period she was gone for 3 days, then 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, and this last time over 6 months! In the winter! Rain, heavy wind, night temperatures sometimes to 35-40 degrees...and she looks healthier than ever! She is amazing. We want to let her live her best life outdoors, but also keep better track of her. We haven’t figured out a solution yet. We let her outside for awhile today (she was scratching at the door to go outside) and she didn’t try to escape. I wonder if she eats small lizards in the wild. One day before she escaped, a baby bird inexplicably got into our house through a tiny window opening, and Jackie got its head in mouth in a death grip before I could do anything. It was truly disturbing. But my point is that our bearded dragon is a survivor. I need to figure out how to post a photo of her.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sounds like she is very adventurous! I'm glad you guys were reunited after 6 months. I can imagine the winter months would be harsh. Perhaps she bunkered down somewhere and went into brumation to wait it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom