Mirrors, are they good or evil? Loki voices his opinion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a new mirror recently, and just this evening as I was letting Loki free-roam my room, I suddenly remembered as to why I keep my mirrors hanging, and not leaning against the floor.

Why?

Ah yeah,

Because Loki, that’s why.
View media item 60608View media item 61057View media item 61093[[FRENZIED ANGRY SCREAMING INTENSIFIES]]

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
The black beard on your dragon answers your question for you.

A male bearded dragon is VERY territorial when it sees another male bearded dragons. The dragon will respond the same to a mirror image of itself.

I've seen adult ( alpha ) male water skink literally charge a warp speed at it's own reflection , and actually hit the offending mirror with a loud bang and crack the glass with impact.

NOT A GOOD IDEA.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Nobbys, thank you for the contribution and concern, however I am already well aware of this fact about male bearded dragons. As I own 3 males currently, and have owned male dragons for a couple years now, I know quite a bit about their behavior.

This was just meant to be funny/entertaining. Nothing else, as this is the beardie tales forum for depicting fun, day to day life with your lizards and etc.

I Did not purposely put him there to try and get a reaction out of him or something stupid like that, I just forgot I had a mirror in my room when I let Loki free roam supervised.
And he found it and got offended. I Covered it afterwards so he stopped flipping out.

But another thing, Loki is just very hormonal and territorial. It doesn’t matter if there’s a reflection or not, Loki will try to establish dominance over it. It’s just part of his personality. He is healthy and happy and I spoil him rotten, do not worry that I don’t care for him right, or that I’m ignorant of common bearded dragon behaviors. But I digress.

Anyways, I appreciate the concern and information, as it could be useful for newer, less informed owners. However I am not one of them.

Thank you.

saraho

Hatchling Member
Charlie seems to like things like the stainless steel door kick plate and the stainless fridge. He doesn't freak out, so I assume he can't quite make out his reflection, but I've wondered why he seems so drawn to those particular materials.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
My Mulder is the same way, he’s attracted to anything shiny or reflective, he doesn’t freak out he just tries to lick and eat it instead. ?

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
It is, I have mostly males (3 guys and 2 girls currently) and the guys are always crazy, yet my youngest female has a odd fondness for head butting things and other animals. (Yes, head butting.) Lol

saraho

Hatchling Member
HippieLizards":aow7673f said:
It is, I have mostly males (3 guys and 2 girls currently) and the guys are always crazy, yet my youngest female has a odd fondness for head butting things and other animals. (Yes, head butting.) Lol

We had a cat who did that. It was a "boop" and it meant he loved us.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Aww, yeah Phoenix just does that when you do something she doesn’t like, she’ll ram into you full force lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom