Carl Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys - I know, it's been a long time!

I finally managed to get Carl a bigger enclosure - 180 gallon tank!
87171-1583606997.jpg
Excuse the dirty window...my cats like to soak up the sun beside the lights LOL - oh my (note - they have zero interest in Carl, but I do plan on adding screen doors on the top).

My dude is a fussy beardie. He's not a huge eater, so I tend to worry about him. He loves running water, so I have a fountain in there at the cool end - I hope to build one that looks more realistic.

Cheers all,
Gwen

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
Hey Coop! Yeah, I stayed away after I lost Charlie. But it had been a while since I updated everyone on Carl. He's been doing so well :) I was worried for a bit as he got dehydrated but the SPCA covered blood work and a check up for him and then transferred him officially to me! So he's mine officially now <3

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
He seems to love it, but he's older (about 10 or so) and gives me the stink eye on the regular LOL! He chowed down on supers and greens this morning, so that was reassuring. Hasn't checked out the new excavator hide yet - I used an old food grade container to create it. That way it there is no risk of collapsing in on him. Problem is that my cats like to drink from his water fountain and use the mound to jump out of this enclosure :banghead: I really need to get doors on it. It's funny though - the cats are scared of Carl - he just puts up with their intrusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom