Drawing with beardies is an interesting experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I like to draw a lot, and occasionally when I’m drawing I’ll let one or two dragons out to chill on my shoulder while I’m sketching away, and usually they’ll just happily fall asleep on my shoulder and just chill about, like this: View media item 60472 Just a cute chill little dude hanging out with me, not disturbing my drawing process at all...

Then he got interested.

View media item 60928 he decided he’d try to bask under my LED lamp that emits zero heat, just for the fun of it.
View media item 60383 really pancaking there bud.
View media item 60903 then he seemed to just want to help.
View media item 60528 “Look ma! I’m an artist like you!”

But then he tried eating my markers and I had to put him up.

Next comes Loki! Surely he’ll just chill there and I can draw him, right?
View media item 60843 Nah he also took over my sketchbook, and then started head bobbing at the markers and prismacolors.
View media item 60855View media item 60806 Sorry but this was just too funny not to include, yes that is Loki mid headbob. :lol:

Now I have Phoenix out and she’s just happily chilling at the side of my sketchbook with me letting me draw her while she thinks she’s basking (seriously girl, the LED doesn’t emit heat... ??‍♀️)
View media item 60748View media item 61066View media item 60739
In conclusion; Drawing with your reptiles is a interesting and fun experience. Just so long as they don’t start trying to eat the art supplies. :roll:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
More Beardie antics and a new work in progress drawing!

View media item 60919View media item 60781Daisy enjoyed scaling my blinds and my iPad while I drew and referenced a photo. Y’know cause why not? :lol:

View media item 60354Phoenix just chilling on my sketchbook.

View media item 61157 and the work in progress of my new drawing! It’s a sorta 1940’s-1960’s style swing singer plague doctor. Kinda a lady in red sorta vibe. I’m pretty proud of it so far. :)

saraho

Hatchling Member
I'm jealous that you have the time to put into pieces like this! I haven't devoted enough time to my art in years. I have other creative hobbies, but it's hard to do them all. I love the lady in red! I do think though that your beardies want very badly to be the reference models for your work...

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Thanks, yeah I have had a lot of time on my hands with quarantine and all, so I’ve gotten back into making more art.

And thank you! I really enjoyed drawing that piece. I’ve always loved that 40’s-60’s style of fashion so it was a lot of fun drawing my character in that outfit. :)

And yeah, the dragons often enjoy being my models. (Yet I think they just enjoy basking under my heatless LEDs for some reason) lol.

saraho

Hatchling Member
"One cannot be beautiful and smart at the same time, human."

I need to bring in a desk lamp and put a coil UV in it. It came with the double light fixture and I couldn't bring myself to throw it away. If it puts out enough light/heat to keep Charlie comfy on my desk for a bit each day, I think it's worth it.

He was doing laps around my organizer today, trying to scare a coworker (he got her once), and managed to fall off of my desk. :roll:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Your drawings of your beardie babies are really great. My husband is an artist but when he draws, it's different from your style. Thanks for sharing. We enjoyed the pics of them climbing over your in-use objects. lol Our girls like to climb up on our faces sometimes when they are on our shoulder or chest.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Thanks, what art style does your husband usually draw in? I think if I had to classify mine, it’d be a semi realistic partially stylized type of style, (I really dunno what to call it other than my style tbh).

Yeah, anytime I have my animals out they always seem to enjoy climbing all over whatever I’m using lol.

saraho

Hatchling Member
I make take-home craft kits for the kids who visit the library. Charlie was feeling jaunty the other day and decided to help with the paper plate mask kit.

108942-8110261168.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom