Grown men run from him!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.watertownsd.us/993/Charlie-the-Library-Lizard

Just wanted to poke some fun at people who are deathly afraid of bearded dragons. Charlie is the library's education animal so he goes with me to events. Yesterday at a Fire Hydrant Party he was doing his thing, making friends with kids and running around like a madman. A local business man (a grown man) saw him jumped and then tried to get the woman he was with to take over his job handing out Popsicles. She refused too, even as a little toddler wandered up and reached out to pet him.

I guess I'd understand if we lived in an area with poisonous snakes, but we don't. Charlie's arrowhead shaped head and long tail could freak someone out at first glance if they were accustomed to a rattlesnake, for example, but we literally have no poisonous snakes in this part of the state.

All I can say, is thank goodness for kids without fear in situations that don't warrant it, and for the adults who start off hesitant but ask questions and ultimately befriend my little dude.

gwi11iams

Sara,

In Tucson, we have plenty of poisonous...well, everything. Even in Arizona, there is no reason to fear the great bearded dragon! It is not like we beardie owners are walking around with Gila monsters on our shoulders. :lol:

108728-4420936904.jpg

saraho

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
It is not like we beardie owners are walking around with Gila monsters on our shoulders.
How cool if you could though?!?

I think it's just a simple fear of the unknown. I work in a library, so I know the best way to deal with the unknown is to learn about it. Unfortunately, not everyone sees things the same way I do.

Shaun78

Hatchling Member
saraho":48lgn3pa said:
It is not like we beardie owners are walking around with Gila monsters on our shoulders.
How cool if you could though?!?

I think it's just a simple fear of the unknown. I work in a library, so I know the best way to deal with the unknown is to learn about it. Unfortunately, not everyone sees things the same way I do.
Unless that unknown is a spider. Then you burn the building down to make sure you killed it :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom