When They see their reflection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today,
I went to feed Kayda (my baby beardie) some live crickets right?? Well long story short she only ate 2... Wanna know why?! Cause every day when it's time to eat I give her one cricket at a time, and she just sits there and stares at the terrarium glass... The only time Kayda moves is when the cricket is right in front of her/his face!! She/he does this because she sees the reflection of herself in the glass!! It's so annoying!! I move her just a little so she can see the cricket but she doesn't move to the cricket just back to her reflection.... Is my baby a born weirdo? Or maybe just a fashion model cause she won't eat if twin is in her view.... I'll snap some pics next feeding, it's hilarious and very dumb when she attacks the glass.... ;)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can get rid of the reflection by putting up some newspaper wrapping paper magazine pages -- outside of the glass --- sides and back or where needed
Karrie

Hello Artic Wolf3049, I wanted to check in and see how your bearded dragon was doing. Did you try the suggestion with the newspaper yet? I wouldn't call their natural instincts or behaviors annoying or dumb. Probably just a bit confusing to you at this time. One of the most valuable aspects of bearded dragon care is the proper habitat set-up and proper feeding routines. As someone who came from a different pet species world, it still took learning, work and dedication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom