Charlie climbed the stairs

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, in our new house Charlie is downstairs. We have a 3 level split, so to go downstairs is 7 steps, you go upstairs to the bedrooms is 7 steps. Anyway, the main floor is where the main living area is. The downstairs and downstairs steps have industrial carpeting.

I came out to the kitchen to get a coffee and this is what I see
87171-9894468882.jpg

LOL Charlie has finally figured out how to get over that last step and onto the main floor. Oie! I'm gonna need to set up a warm space for him up here now lol

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
You have an explorer on your hands! :laughing6:

Better than timid, but he'll bear some close monitoring! :wink:

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
Yeah, we're used to it. In the old house we always found him by the patio doors. He LOVES looking outside, no matter the heat or cold. Such a goof.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
NBGwen":1ii14cxr said:
He LOVES looking outside, no matter the heat or cold.
Is there a captive that doesn't? :?
I've never had a pet that hasn't!
Outside is where it's at!
Outside is happening! :laughing6:
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

______________________—Invictus

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
? truly!

I think he got himself too cold though. He was falling asleep under my old sewing machine and I had to take him back to his enclosure to warm up...

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Wait til he figures out how to open underbench doors, the pantry doors , and interior doors.

I've had my bluetongues and most my beardies doing these .

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
LOL you guys kill me! I took him back to his enclosure TWICE! I live him roaming, but the last place he decided to plop down and snooze was right beside our front door...we have freezing rain right now and the cold air does come.in there a bit. He hasn't ventured back up since, but I fully expect him to tomorrow.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
NBGwen":1yx9xtzz said:
LOL you guys kill me! I took him back to his enclosure TWICE! I live him roaming, but the last place he decided to plop down and snooze was right beside our front door...we have freezing rain right now and the cold air does come.in there a bit. He hasn't ventured back up since, but I fully expect him to tomorrow.
That's what they do when things get cold (or dark, for that matter)--they plop down and go to sleep. I've known that since I was a kid with Anolis carolinensis.

It came up again when we got ZaRDoZ from the breeder at a reptile show; she stuffed him in a box and told us to put it in our knapsack until we got home. "He'll be fine," she said, "He'll just go to sleep."

It came up yet again in media coverage of the recent cold snap in FL. Iguanas were falling out of trees, appearing dead. But after warming up, they woke up and were fine.

Non Sequitur:
I've been hearing Floridians complaining about the invasive iguanas for years, and now when they have an opportunity to at least decrease their numbers, authorities are telling people to leave them alone--they'll be fine. :? :shock: :banghead:
Go figure.

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
CooperDragon":2ggp4sjb said:
Has he been trained to return to a heat lamp while out and about?

Unfortunately, no...he heads for a cold spot and plops. So, I have to keep a close eye on him. Downstairs, it's not a huge issue. Small space and limited places to go. Up here tho, ugh. In all seriousness, I'm going to have to now either keep his enclosure closed while I'm at work or close off the stairs somehow. I would never forgive myself if he got hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom