This is Petey's house! (Ongoing thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
106785-4049155922.jpg
106785-7732845945.jpg
106785-1263946179.jpg
106785-9536682805.jpg

Yes! He loves his salad!
Menu today: kale, dandelion, zucchini, bell pepper, shredded sweet potato.
YUM (of course he has to eyeball it first to be sure it's up to snuff!)

What's your buddy having today?
-Dee

UPDATE 1/6/20-Decided to make this Petey's ongoing thread rather than starting new posts.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
DragonPete":2i7tnw5z said:
CooperDragon":2i7tnw5z said:
Lucky guy! Looks like he's enjoying the meal =)
Always! Good salad every day and 3 supers every other day. Good diet imo. ?

This is basically the exact diet I had one of my oldest living girls on, FWIW. Although every once in awhile I swapped the supers for a couple adult male dubias from my colony.

Anyways, looks like a tasty salad and a hungry happy dragon :)

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":3jx76wo7 said:
DragonPete":3jx76wo7 said:
CooperDragon":3jx76wo7 said:
Lucky guy! Looks like he's enjoying the meal =)
Always! Good salad every day and 3 supers every other day. Good diet imo. ?

This is basically the exact diet I had one of my oldest living girls on, FWIW. Although every once in awhile I swapped the supers for a couple adult male dubias from my colony.

Anyways, looks like a tasty salad and a hungry happy dragon :)

-Brandon
And about 2 hours after that, he poo'd and went to sleep and hasn't moved since. ? LOL!

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
And now, his 1st order of goodies came in and he's sleeping. ?
106785-6011998816.jpg
Got his carpet, worm dish, 2 probe thermometers, vitamins and calcium supplements, IR temp gun and 100 Supers.
Think I'll go after tile tomorrow and maybe wake him up for a bit. ?

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Glad it was only a 3 day nap this time.
Back in his groove, chowing down on his salad.
He got a mix of turnip and mustard greens with kale, zucchini, sweet potato shreds and a sliced red globe grape. Mustard greens is new, haven't tried that since I've had him. Also a couple new items to be tried later, fresh green beans and a Brussels sprout. Knowing they eat cabbage type greens, thought I'd try the sprout,
106785-6178419925.jpg

106785-3661865825.jpg
Need a napkin Petey? ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Sounds like a good meal but I would only feed those brussel sprouts rarely--
Karrie

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":eq9yz6ew said:
Sounds like a good meal but I would only feed those brussel sprouts rarely--
Karrie

? I only bought ONE (1) sprout. Along with 6 green beans and 6 globe grapes. Had to explain to cashier since she kept looking at me funny. ?
Was looking for a little variety to add to his greens, not as a staple. Like grapes. He only gets 1/2-1 grape, sliced, couple times a week. Same with blueberry. Depends on size.
I am SO thankful that he loves his greens!
-Dee

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
yes I know the funny looks as well from people at the store --- :) -- oh well they gotta eat too
Karrie

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":2eaf3z74 said:
yes I know the funny looks as well from people at the store --- :) -- oh well they gotta eat too
Karrie
Of course! And if you only feed 1 you can't buy too much of anything for fear of spoilage. If I wouldn't eat old limp veggies I'm certainly not gonna give it to him. I'm just anal that way. ?
I even asked at another store if it was ok just to get a handful of grapes out of the normal 2-3 pound bags. Produce girl told me a lot of peeps do that for feeding lizards, etc. All good. ?

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
KarrieRee":21gu103f said:
Karrie
I'm such a lizard nerd; I keep a picture of Figment on my phone and show the people when they look at me oddly for buying only a few leaves of collards out of the bunch! "See my baby? He gets SALADS!" :lol:

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
ComicBookMama":1ia6y1ts said:
KarrieRee":1ia6y1ts said:
Karrie
I'm such a lizard nerd; I keep a picture of Figment on my phone and show the people when they look at me oddly for buying only a few leaves of collards out of the bunch! "See my baby? He gets SALADS!" :lol:
Dang! Greens aren't sold by the pound here or rarely! They charge by the 'bunch'. $1.99 whether you get the whole bunch or just a few leaves. :(

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I buy by the bunch as well $1 48 - winter they go up .50 summer usually a $1-- a bunch last me 2 weeks and I get collard and turnip greens-- they last good in my fridge- I clean them daily along w/ squash varied w/ raw sweet potatoe- fruit occasionally
Karrie

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":111sepg7 said:
I buy by the bunch as well $1 48 - winter they go up .50 summer usually a $1-- a bunch last me 2 weeks and I get collard and turnip greens-- they last good in my fridge- I clean them daily along w/ squash varied w/ raw sweet potatoe- fruit occasionally
Karrie
I found the greens last a month, if unwashed, as dry as possible and stored in the 'Debbie Myer green bags'. I bought those years ago, cheap, on clearance and reusable. Works well for fruit too, like strawberries.
Funny, collards grow best in cold weather, you'd think they would cost more in summer. They are real cheap here, we grow a lot of greens in NC. That was price in store yesterday. 1.99 every store is different price. A month ago they were .79! Go figure.
Oh! I am in no way related to the green bag people! ? I would have never paid the full price for them! ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom