I've Taught Pancake to Listen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
106253-5928570302.jpg
I've just taught Pancake to Listen to me... First off, I taught her to respond to her name, then I got to the big stuff. HOW TO LISTEN!!!! Sounds crazy, right? I'll update every now and then so you can see silly beardies doing stuff!
106253-4055680563.jpg
106253-7011988703.jpg
106253-5742334993.jpg
106253-846649828.jpg

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
Cute pictures of Pancake! She looks like a real sweetie. How did you teach her to listen - calling her name, then presenting a treat? I'm curious about your methods!

Pancake151

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cookie, Waffles
ComicBookMama":hgmzyvzr said:
Cute pictures of Pancake! She looks like a real sweetie. How did you teach her to listen - calling her name, then presenting a treat? I'm curious about your methods!
Thanks! That is basically how I taught her. I also tap the object/human I want her to listen to and I keep retapping the object when she gets distracted!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
All my pet skinks and dragons know their names and respond appropriately when called.

The Water Skinks are real smarties.... they know several words and respond appropriately , ie come back , no , OK .

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
I find both these stories fascinating... probably because I'm used to the conventional wisdom that reptiles aren't anywhere near as smart as mammals, and can't be taught much of anything. I wonder if anyone has ever tried clicker training with small reptiles? I wonder how much a dragon could learn? I'd try it myself, if I had the time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom